Dear Chabot Families,
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 13, 2019. Our annual Walk-Through Registration is scheduled for Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 8:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
We will continue to use Parent Portal in order for you to access your student’s demographic records. By accessing the parent portal account, you will be able to update your students’ personal information and print out the mandatory district and school site forms needed for the Walk-Through Registration process. Just follow the step- by- step online procedure once you log-in.
Please make a note of the following important information:
- Process on-line registration at Aeries Parent Portal . The portal will be accessible by 8/1/19.
- You must submit the completed on-line registration paperwork on Wednesday, August 7, 2019, in order to secure your student’s spot at Chabot Elementary. Every student must complete registration, including incoming Kindergarten.
- No entry to Walk–Through Registration on August 7th without completing the online registration.
- If you arrive without completing the online portion, you will be asked to return home, complete the process, and return to school before 7:00 p.m.
- Once all of your registration paperwork has been turned in you will receive your child’s classroom assignment.
- If you are missing any required documents at the time of registration (renewed residency, immunizations, lost library books, etc.) you will not be given your child’s classroom assignment. Please contact the office to receive more information on any missing documents.
- If your child requires medication at school, please plan to drop it off Monday, August 12th in the Attendance office. All medication must have required forms signed and stamped by a physician and must be in the original medication box with prescription label attached. We cannot accept expired medication.
- The first day of school is a Tuesday, a late start day. School will begin at 9:10am on 8/13. Morning programs will begin the second week of school, August 20th.
- Look for online sign ups for Tuesday morning classes (such as Snapology, Yes for Chess) to be emailed after August 1st. We will have limited free class offerings this year for working families unable to provide their own childcare. Sign ups will be on a first come first served basis at Registration. Once your child is signed up for a class, they will be unable to change until winter break. Inappropriate behaviour will result in immediate removal from classes.
The office will re-open Thursday, August 1st from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. until school begins on 8/13/19. Beginning August 13, 2019 the regular office hours for the 2019-2020 school year will be 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The office will close at 3:00 pm on Fridays.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will see you in August!